:: Re: [DNG] ADA
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Steve Litt
To: dng
Betreff: Re: [DNG] ADA
memoryhole--- via Dng said on Mon, 19 Aug 2024 05:28:09 +0200 (CEST)

>And then there probably are some others beside myself who aren't even
>and never were software engineers, code developers, or programmers of
>any stripe whatsoever but who have attentively followed the
>conversation with great interest notwithstanding, not only because it
>is extremely informative and enlightening, but also because the
>experience and expertise of the discoursers displayed here is a thing
>of awe to behold.

Hi memoryhole,

Just for fun, I think you should try writing a couple programs. You
might fall in love with programming.

True story: At 19 or 20 I flunked an assembly language class, at 22 I
wrote a Fortran program and couldn't get it to run right. At 25 I had a
programmer girlfriend who always got "the call at midnight" on Saturday
night that "her program had crashed", and she had to jump out of bed
and into her clothes and drive to work just to find out that the idiot
computer operator ran the program wrong, so I vowed NEVER to become a
programmer.

At 32 I took a microprocessor course because I operated Steve's Stereo
Repair and microprocessors were starting to be used in tapedecks. While
the rest of the class was struggling to add two numbers with their
class-mandated Heathkit ET6800 Microprocessor Trainer, I used mine to
play music out of one of the LED segments into an amplifier. It was
soooo cool to give instructions to a generic machine and have it do
what you wanted.

The point is, for more than a decade I had no idea I'd like
programming, and once I really got onto it, I loved it. You never know:
This might happen to you.

SteveT

Steve Litt

http://444domains.com