:: Re: [DNG] Mozilla apt repository
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Tom
To: kc-devuan
CC: dng
Betreff: Re: [DNG] Mozilla apt repository

> On 27 Aug 2024, at 04:47, Kevin Chadwick via Dng <dng@???> wrote:
>
> 26 Aug 2024 17:19:54 Tom via Dng <dng@???>:
>
>> Does anyone know what the differences are between the Mozilla firefox-esr package and the Debian firefox-esr
>
> No but upstream releases are usually 2 or 3 days earlier than Debian releases, which is significant to me for security.

The problem I have is that Debian is yet to update to the latest firefox-esr 128 release, and some sites I use like Slack are horrible and refuse to support anything but the latest release.

https://slack.com/intl/en-gb/help/articles/1500001836081-Slack-support-life-cycle-for-operating-systems-app-versions-and-browsers

“ The support cycle for Firefox follows Mozilla's Rapid Release schedule and excludes the Extended Support Release (ESR) schedule.”

You would think an enterprise corporate focused app would support stability that a lot of businesses are using, but I’ve seen enough of their incompetence to know they don’t care.

I’m somewhat tempted to try out ferdium instead of using the slack.com website in a browser if no update appears from Debian in the next week. The slack Linux app dropped support for non-systemd a long time ago (or was it non-dbus? hard to recall) and was a buggy memory hog so I don’t care to try that again.

Tom