:: Re: [DNG] Help needed - - running i…
Author: Dan Purgert
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Help needed - - running into issues with python and its tools
On Aug 09, 2024, David Billsbrough wrote:
> You wrote:
>
> > If you're already using Arduino, you'll already know C/C++ (or at least
> > be familiar with it), and all you're doing is learning how to interact
> > with the micro-controller.
>
> Dan,
>
> I have seen the Makerfaire (Maker Lab members) types using Arduino's UNO's to do projects that
> do NOT know how to program in the 'C/C++' language. That they simply cut and paste someone else
> Arduino sketch verbatim into the Arduino IDE and install some optional library files per the
> 'cookbook' documentation of prior project and upload the compiled output to the target board.

Yeah, so students using a tool geared toward students doing things that
may be a little beyond them. That's not exactly a negative for it on
the whole (they'd do the same with CircuitPython; so it's not exactly a
resounding "use that" either)

Let's say he was asking how to get into QRP contesting. *COULD* he do
it with some black-box amazon thing where someone else picked everything
for him? Yes absolutely.

Would he learn more about it if he built his own kit? I'd argue that to
be the case.

Which is why I've asked him like 6 times now what his actual goal / plan
with his current course of learning is.

--
|_|O|_|