:: [DNG] live-iso with backports kerne…
Author: . fsmithred
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] live-iso with backports kernel for testing new hardware
Recently a couple people in irc were trying to install excalibur because
they had hardware too new for daedalus. Right now that's a bad idea because
excalibur is still in testing and it's changing (and breaking) fast. When
it goes into freeze it will settle down and be easier to use.

I made a daedalus live-iso with backports kernel (6.9.7)
https://get.refracta.org/files/experime … 1_0049.iso
<https://get.refracta.org/files/experimental/refracta_12_bpo6.9.7_amd64-20240731_0049.iso>

I started with a refracta-nox iso that has lots of extra utilities and
added xorg, openbox, lxpanel and a few firmware packages and
network-manager. The iso can be used to test a newer kernel, to install
with refractainstaller or do a debootstrap install. It uses only devuan
repositories, so if you install it, you are installing devuan.

Almost forgot... Here's the README:

root password:    root

sudo is enabled without password for shutdown and reboot.
Right-click on the desktop to reboot or shutdown immediately.

sudo with password is enabled for all commands during a live session.

There is no display manager. Use 'startx' to get an openbox
session.

Installed firmware packages:
amd64-microcode
firmware-amd-graphics