:: Re: [DNG] usrmerge
Author: Lorenz
To: Marc Shapiro
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] usrmerge
Hi,

Il giorno gio 1 ago 2024 alle ore 04:06 Marc Shapiro via Dng
<dng@???> ha scritto:

> What, exactly does the usrmerge package do?

it turns /bin, /lib, /lib64 , /sbin into symlinks to their /usr/
counterparts; it also takes care of
moving the content of such directories.
The replacement is not atomic, so I suggest to do the move alone, separated
from other dpkg operations.

> If /usr is already in root, and not mounted from elsewhere, is the usrmerge package still required?

unfortunately, yes; usrmerge is not merging usr into root if they are
separate partitions,
althought I think the layout with a separate usr will be no longer possible
after te merge..

Lorenzo