:: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2024-07-…
Author: Set (setto) Hallström
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2024-07-18
---------------------------------------
-- Devuan meet 2024-07-18 @20:30 UTC --
---------------------------------------

Present: golinux (the sound of one hand clapping)

Regrets: hendrik, fsmithred, bandali

Old Business
============

Old Actions
===========

New Business
============

LeePen
~~~~~~

Documentation
-------------

- Published updated pristine-tar policy [1]
- (plasma41) *applauds*

Jenkins
-------

- Update to stable version 2.452.3 [2]
- Update plugins
- Add support for pristine-tar [3] to package pipeline
- Note that meson upstream is disabling build of 32-bit arm on arm64 [4]
   We will probably need more 32-bit arm builders. Emulation may be a
   viable option if it is more reliable than a few years ago when we
   first tried it.
   + (rrq) If you wish to offer an emulated armhf/armel then get in touch
     with LeePen or rrq, perhaps on the #devuan-ci IRC chat group at
     libera.chat. It's trivially easy and takes virtually no effort once
     it's set up. And all standard software. It does require 24/7
     networking though; well, ideally. Expected utilization less than 2
     hours a day, needing about 1 CPU (for emulated execution) about half
     the that time. Needs less than 30G disk including the emulated OS
     filesystem. Anything from light-weight (chroot) setup to qemu
     (or virtualbox) full-machine emulation should work.

Packaging
---------

- ceres:
+ util-linux