:: Re: [DNG] ..is systemd a factor her…
Author: Bruce Perens
To: Arnt Karlsen
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] ..is systemd a factor here? Nasty regreSSHion bug in OpenSSH puts roughly 700K Linux boxes at risk, Full system takeovers on the cards, for those with enough patience to pull it off
They called non-re-entrant-safe functions from an asynchronous signal
handler.

It's not a sure thing to exploit, does indeed take patience due to timing
limitations.

It really makes me think it's worthwhile to write security code in Rust. It
would be hard to goof that way in a language that enforces concurrency-safe
code.