:: [DNG] Packaging an init script for …
Author: Tom
To: Dng
Subject: [DNG] Packaging an init script for another package
I’ve recently upgraded my icinga2 packages from upstream and noticed that the transition from icingadb-redis-server package to icingadb-redis dropped the init script and logrotate.d script.

I would like to take the relevant files from the previous package version and create my own local package to hold them. Is there a documented process for a package to install sysv init scripts for another package?

Should I try to copy the packaging config of orphan-sysvinit-scripts and adapt it for these icinga init scripts? Or is there a simpler way to get dpkg to install an init script under the name of another package?

I’m guessing I can use the standard deb packagename.install file for logrotate.d/ and /etc/default/ files but I’m just not sure how I should be handling the /etc/init.d/ files.

Tom