著者: tito
To: dng
題目: Re: [DNG] Polyfills for Systemd
On Wed, 05 Jun 2024 10:33:21 -0500
golinux via Dng <dng@???> wrote:

> On 2024-06-05 10:02, Rainer Weikusat via Dng wrote:
> > altoid via Dng <dng@???> writes:
> >
> > [...]
> >
> >> Sooner than later, not *one* package in the Debian repositories will
> >> have an initscript and as a result absolutely *everything* Devuan
> >> will be dead in the water.
> >
> > Even assuming init scripts weren't easily replaceable (which they are),
> > using the script from the last version which packaged would be
> > relatively easy.
> >

> Oh so easy but . . . Unless someone is willing to collect those init
> scripts and put them into the Devuan repository, your solution is purely
> theoretical wrt Devuan unless, of course, YOU are volunteering for the
> job?! ;)

Couldn't that be automated?
Download the full package repo for an arch (e.g. amd64)
and extract all files that are in /etc/init.d/ for every package
(and maybe also the files in /etc/cron.*/ and /etc/default/)
and archive them to a dir named like the package?
Am I overlooking something obvious?
There were about 1500 such packages last time I checked.

Ciao,
Tito