:: [DNG] About the rust language
Author: kc-devuan
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] About the rust language
28 May 2024 22:17:02 Steve Litt <slitt@???>:

> C is like math, go,
> and as I remember also rust, are more like history.

I get your point on Rust as a language. Aside from quite confusing Go interfaces then I assume you mean the batteries included stdlib.

Cs stdlib is largely hidden away but if you look at the misra c rules which actually aren't implementable in totality then you may see that there is a lot more to renember about C than many realise such as for portability.

I would be interested in what you think about Ada. There is certainly a fair amount to learn especially with a full runtime instead of the Ada light runtime but it is also rather sensible and designed to be easy to read and to reduce maintenance costs. I would hope we can all agree that C does no favours to the Linux kernels maintainability and I am not sure that Rust is going to help with that. It may even make things more opaque.

"https://learn.adacore.com"