:: Re: [DNG] Backup methods for Devuan
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Tom
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Backup methods for Devuan

> On 27 May 2024, at 04:07, nisp1953 via Dng <dng@???> wrote:
>
> I should have mentioned that. I back them up to external USB hard
> drives. I have 2 hard
> drives. I keep one in a safety deposit box at the bank. I backup to
> the other one all
> throughout the week. The following Monday, I swap hard drives.
>>
>> I am backing up about 34 GB of data. It's small but important. It's
> the daily entries
> into GnuCash for my business. Also the scans of nightly cash register
> tapes and
> credit card purchases from Square.

If it’s for storing critical business data you should be following the 3-2-1 backup strategy with whatever tools/solution you decide to go with.

3: Create one primary backup and two copies of your data.
2: Save your backups to two different types of media.
1: Keep at least one backup file offsite.

https://www.uschamber.com/co/run/technology/3-2-1-backup-rule

https://www.ready.gov/business/emergency-plans/recovery-plan

Tom