:: Re: [DNG] What is an init system?
Author: Peter Duffy
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] What is an init system?
I did have a look at PClinuxOS (I've not tried installing/running it as
yet). I got the impression that the packaging was a kind of hybrid
between deb and rpm. From the wiki page:

"PCLinuxOS uses APT-RPM, based on APT (Debian), a package management
system (originally from the Debian distribution), together with
Synaptic Package Manager, a GUI to APT, to add, remove or update
packages."