:: Re: [DNG] Article accuracy
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Article accuracy
karl@??? said on Wed, 8 May 2024 23:26:18 +0200 (CEST)

>Steve Litt:
>> karl@??? said on Wed, 8 May 2024 21:23:22 +0200 (CEST)
>> >Busybox init script is just /etc/rcS, 1980 era style.
>>
>> I'm not familiar with /etc/rcS.
>
>Just place everything you need from boot to your definition of fully
>booted system there. Like fsck, mount and starting daemons and such
>little things.

Oh, you mean like the typical .d directory? Yes, I could use the 83
line Suckless Init to run a program to fork off each of the scripts in
the .d (or in this case /etc/rcS) directory, make each the child of
PID1, and then terminate.

This being said, I wouldn't have the level of control I have with
runit's sv command.

One more thing: I wouldn't be able to code runit's PID1, but I'd just
take Suckless Init and tweak it a little bit.

SteveT

Steve Litt

http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21