:: Re: [DNG] Article accuracy
Author: kc-devuan
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Article accuracy
8 May 2024 19:59:05 Steve Litt <slitt@???>:

> Here's how I would state a comparison:
>
> 1) Runit is simple enough that I could rewrite it from scratch. No way
>    I could do this with OpenRC or any other init system.
>
> 2) In the wild, runit run scripts are much simpler that OpenRC init
>    scripts.

Thanks
With sysv init you can setup autologin by simply
vim /etc/inittab

With runit you don't even need to remember the filename
vim /etc/service/getty...

with openrc-init I can't remember the process that I just read on the gentoo site and with systemd I have done it many times and still have to lookup how to do it every time.

So my conclusion is that Runit is likely the easiest to use?

Regards,
  Kc