:: Re: [DNG] Debian diversity?
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Simon Walter
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Debian diversity?

"So, I think where Debian is failing ..."
- https://bits.debian.org/2024/04/dpl-interview-SruthiChandran.html

> Failing?
>
> I beg to differ.
> Debian has *already* failed.

Agreed. It's no longer unique nor useful.

> It failed with the advent and acceptance of Poettering's systemd
> crapfest.

Possibly a bit earlier when they let people on the board who would
approve of such totalitarianism.

> And is now on the path to being totally engulfed/transformed by the
> likes of IBM/RH and MS.
>
> As things are going, sooner than later what we knew as Debian (with
> all the significance the name carried) will be nothing but a an idea
> of what could/should have been.

It was very nice for a good long while, but it like WarpOS, just becomes
a warning sign for future wise men learning from the past.