:: Re: [DNG] Debian diversity?
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Simon Walter
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Debian diversity?
How did I miss this opportunity to mock stupidity?

On 2024-04-07 18:32, altoid via Dng wrote:
> Hello:
>
> On 7 Apr 2024 at 18:18, Wolfgang Pfeiffer via Dng wrote:
>
>> https://bits.debian.org/2024/04/dpl-interview-SruthiChandran.html
>
> Something is wrong when the word *like* is used so many times.
>
> This is just *one* paragraph:
>
> ---
>
> So, I think where Debian is failing now is getting new people into
> Debian. *Like*, I don't remember, *like*, exactly the answer. But I
> remember hearing someone mention, *like*, the average age of a Debian
> Developer is, *like*, above 40 or 45 or something, *like*, exact age,
> I don't remember.
>
> ---

If diversity in the work place were applied correctly it would be
something like:

We are running an international buffet restaurant. We better hire a team
of chefs with a wide range of culinary knowledge cooking skills.

Instead it's like:

We are running a pizza restaurant. We better hire people with big knees
and also people who like rainy days.