:: Re: [DNG] What are you using for a …
Author: Adrian Zaugg
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] What are you using for a firewall/router
Hi Tom

In der Nachricht vom Friday, 3 May 2024 02:24:21 CEST schrieb Tom via Dng:
> Wishing I had known about that device before I bought the apu4. I do like
> the apu4 hardware but being fanless it sometimes overheats and shuts down
> in a hot summer day.

You can't kill an APU they lasts for ever.

If yours is overheating, check the thermal pad mounting and use the device
upside down. I have several of these and none ever crashed. The only thing
that needs to be replaced after some years is the power adapter, they
occasionally break. I usually get the old style, non-switched ones, they don't
break and the APUs are not sensitive to higher or lower power input than
specified.

Regards, Adrian.