:: [DNG] Devuan and Nvidia driver not …
Author: ognen
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] Devuan and Nvidia driver not working
Hi all,

A few days ago I made the mistake of upgrading from Chimaera to
Daedalus. While the upgrade itself went fine, upon reboot my machine
would hang indefinitely on "Waiting for /dev to be fully populated".

I have since tried both a clean Chimaera and Daedalus reinstall. The
machine boots fine until I install the nvidia xorg driver. After which
I am back at the "Waiting for /dev to be fully populated" kernel
message.

Has anyone seen this before? Got any ideas on how to get this working
again?

I need the extra features of the nvidia driver, but it seems the latest
package version does not play well with the boot process.

Thanks!