:: Re: [DNG] recursive ldd?
Author: al3xu5
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] recursive ldd?
Tue, 9 Apr 2024 05:57:56 -0400 - Steve Litt <slitt@???>:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm doing a little research on the xz problem, and want to use ldd to
> find all dependent object files, direct and indirect. I found nothing
> in the ldd man page telling me I can do this.
>
> Before I write a nasty Python program to parse and recurse ldd output,
> does anybody know an equivalent of a recursive ldd?
>
> Also, is there an apt command that can show all dependencies, direct or
> indirect, of a given command?

I'm not sure I understand correctly if you mean this:

dependencies of a package <package> (packages that need to be installed to
also install the <package> package):

$ apt-cache depends <package>
$ apt-rdepends <package> -

reverse dependencies of a package <package> (packages that depend on (i.e.
require) <package> to be able to be installed):

$ apt-cache rdepends <package>
$ apt-rdepends -r <package>

Best regards
alexus

--
The only way humans have learned to survive brings them to extinction.
Public GPG/PGP key: 8FC2 3121 2803 86E9 F7D8 B624 DA50 835B 2624 A36B