:: Re: [DNG] Debian diversity?
Author: terryc
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Debian diversity?
On Sun, 07 Apr 2024 13:32:03 -0300
altoid via Dng <dng@???> wrote:

-

> So, I think where Debian is failing now is getting new people into
> Debian. *Like*, I don't remember, *like*, exactly the answer. But I
> remember hearing someone mention, *like*, the average age of a Debian
> Developer is, *like*, above 40 or 45 or something, *like*, exact age,
> I don't remember.

Well, basically for some years, "various debian persons" has been
telling the users of their user forum to not ask questions on the site
as they will not get answers.

As I've observed in a couple of 'computing associations' if you
annoy/piss off/don't support the multitude at the base, then the whole
edifice starts crumbling.

It took almost a couple of generations for other fields, like
Sports etc, and to learn that for a strong future you have to cultivate
the users/beginners/not-formally-trained.