:: Re: [DNG] Post-Open
Author: Bruce Perens
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Post-Open
Steve Litt:
> I suggest doing it iteratively

Yes, I have actually put some serious thought into this :-) From the draft
license:

4.18 REVISION OF THESE TERMS

    During the present DRAFT terms period, changes to these terms published
as
    a revised DRAFT by the POST-OPEN ADMINISTRATION are effective
immediately and
    superscede the terms previously issued.

    After the first publication of a FINAL version of these terms, the
following
    terms apply:

    The POST-OPEN ADMINISTRATION may publish revised versions of these
terms.
    Revised terms will remain substantially similar to these ones, and may
    include changes only to:

    a) Correct errors and ambiguities.
    b) Avoid loopholes that have come into use.
    c) Respond to findings of courts which server some of the terms or
interpret
       some of the terms unfavorably.
    d) Respond to new law or law newly enforced upon any party to these
terms.
    e) Respond to changes in technology (for example, this text responds to
   the rise of MACHINE LEARNING MODELS and TRAINING of such, terms which
   were not included in classical Open Source licenses).
    f) Respond to changes in monetary value: for example, a change in the
       real value of the stated amount of end-user revenue requiring that
YOU
       join into the POST-OPEN PAID CONTRACT, or a change in the nation or
       other entity for which that value is defined: (for example, a change
       from USD to a presently-theoretical stable global currency).

    When changes to these terms are published as FINAL revised terms by
    the POST-OPEN ADMINISTRATION (rather than a DRAFT), YOU may, at your
    discretion, immediately apply the new terms, or you may continue to
    apply these terms to works already in your use for no more than
    one year from the publication of the revised terms. If you begin
    to use another work in the collection, the new terms apply to it
    immediately. [This allows YOU time for legal evaluation
    of the new terms and to make decisions regarding their use of the
    POST-OPEN COLLECTION.]
--
Bruce Perens K6BP
ReplyForward