:: Re: [DNG] eventually: the sbin merg…
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] eventually: the sbin merge
Richard Doyle via Dng said on Thu, 4 Apr 2024 08:01:22 -0700

>On 4/4/24 06:20, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
>> On Thu, 4 Apr 2024 11:39:48 +0200, Didier wrote in message
>> <ef1c5884-d02c-4c3c-9431-960f92dd1a02@???>:
>>

>> ..so here, you are a subversive systemd fanboi?
>>

>And with that, I'm off to Gentoo

Gentoo's pretty good, but when I evaluated it I found it too much
trouble to keep running. Be sure to take extra care when compiling the
kernel at the very end. I'd advise doing it on a VM set to the kind of
hardware you use, because doing it that way is MUCH faster, and if
you're like me you'll blow the first several installation attempts.

Also, consider Funtoo.

SteveT

Steve Litt

http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21