:: [DNG] I'm angry, and I think you gu…
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] I'm angry, and I think you guys will understand
I'm re-learning pre-calculus online, and an advertisement came on
saying something like:

"Still searching Youtube for math help and finding nothing except
videos from 2006?

<swearwords class="deleted">
</swearwords>

OMG, 2006, it's out of warranty!

I'm sick of this stuff. <mimic class="poettering-voice">But it's so
old!</mimic> Math at the undergraduate college level hasn't changed in
several hundred years. I was doing calculus in 1967 and differential
equations in 1969. The Pythagorean Theorem was discovered in 1600 BC,
and that's over 3600 years ago for those who think math is a hip new
technology.

The increased and every day use of this appeal to novelty fallacy is
getting more and more annoying. It's not just software, it's
everything. It really frosts my petunias.

SteveT

Steve Litt

http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21