:: Re: [DNG] I think you guys just mig…
Author: Didier Kryn
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] I think you guys just might like my linkedin post
Le 16/03/2024 à 23:21, Charles via Dng a écrit :
> Here's an interesting take on systemd from a developer of another distro:
> https://catfox.life/2024/01/05/systemd-through-the-eyes-of-a-musl-distribution-maintainer/
> linked from an article in the Register.

    Thanks a lot for the link.

    I already kew A. Wilfox by reading her on the Musl mailing list,
but this gave me the opportunity to see a portrait of her (~:  I gave a
try once to Adélie-Linux, in a chroot, but remain with Devuan because of
the fantastic Debian package management system (fantastic for the admin,
but a nightmare for the developper).

    If you read the discussion after the article, you'll see what she
says about s6-rc, and I think there's a similar issue with the novel web
server of Laurent Bercot (Tipidee). All depends on the Skarnet
subsystem. I think it's a serious change to "pivot" to Skarnet; and it
takes quite some learning. Dunno exactly what S6 means, maybe SystemVI.
Maybe some day Laurent will come with a distro. I say "Laurent" because,
despite a community of users, he seems to be the only developper.

    A. Wilfox is a distro assembler; her POV isn't the same as an
end-user admin. She's responsible for delivering an OS which runs out of
the box, even for a dummy. For me, I share pretty much the opinions of
zlg (a participant to the discussion).

--     Didier