著者: Mark Hindley
To: Lorenz
CC: dng
題目: Re: [DNG] libelogind-compat still needed?
On Tue, Mar 05, 2024 at 05:53:15PM +0100, Lorenz wrote:
> Ah, my bad, I didn't check. But I'm curious now, how do you deal with
> issues such as in
> #1052064?

No, we have just been fortunate. The only Debian packages which have (so far)
used functions that are not in version 252 are src:procps and src:policykit-1
which happen to be forked. Therefore the Devuan packages haven't been completely
broken, although we can't build the latest policykit-1 at the moment.

But, you are right, it is probably coming, unless elogind upstream[1] becomes
more reliable. I know that elogind 255 is recently alpha tagged, but it has been
a very long time coming. And consolekit2 upstream is active again. That with
seatd works well for me.

The default for excalibur may well depend on which seems most reliable when we
reach freeze time.

HTH and thanks for caring!

Mark

[1] https://github.com/elogind/elogind