:: Re: [DNG] Openbox: Alt mousewheel c…
Author: Syeed Ali
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Openbox: Alt mousewheel changes workspaces
On Wed, 28 Feb 2024 10:06:03 +0000
morus via Dng <dng@???> wrote:

> Easier yet is to put the pointer on the screen edge, say right or
> left, and use the scroll there. At least pekwm can bind actions on
> that. I should look for a way to do that in GNOME. I've just been
> using the overview there.

For interested parties, Openbox can be configured to expose a little
bit of the desktop at any of its edges. Maximized windows do not
overlap into that space. This is useful for quickly calling up a
desktop menu, e.g. by right clicking that space. This is super easy (if
you have no additional monitor out in that direction, lol).

I can't even see the 1px column I use.

If I recall correctly, Steve you do this.

Strangely, I've never actually *used* this feature. I just use dmenu
with a hotkey, or lxpanel's menuing.

On that note, I do use the desktop menu if everything explodes in my
window manager, so I can at least call up a terminal or web browser
with that right-click menu.