:: Re: [DNG] UsrMerge Status: Testing/…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: golinux
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] UsrMerge Status: Testing/Excalibur and more
On 2024-02-24 07:13, Steve Litt wrote:
> golinux via Dng said on Tue, 20 Feb 2024 15:53:13 -0600
>
>> Dear Friends and Software Freedom Lovers,
>>
>> This announcement[1] looks to Devuan's future and also to its
>> beginnings in 2015.
>>
>> Debian is proceeding with a full implementation of the merged usr file
>> structure[2] during this current testing cycle. In order to focus
>> Devuan's
>> available resources on our primary purpose regarding systemd, Devuan
>> developers have decided it is in the project's best interest to
>> implement
>> the usrmerge.
>
> Excellent priorities and use of resources! Usrmerge isn't that bad.
> Even Void, which inits with runit, has Usrmerge, and nobody gripes.
> Usrmerge requires an initramfs in many cases, but unfortunately
> initramfs has become ubiquitous.
>
> SteveT
>
> Steve Litt

Indeed, Steve! We have plenty to do without fussing over the usrmerge.

And . . . apologies to all for the nasty line breaks in the announcement
if you are seeing them. Getting it together was a rather stressful
process. I'll go stand in a corner now . . . :D

golinux