:: Re: [DNG] UsrMerge Status: Testing/…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Steve Litt
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] UsrMerge Status: Testing/Excalibur and more
golinux via Dng said on Tue, 20 Feb 2024 15:53:13 -0600

>Dear Friends and Software Freedom Lovers,
>
>This announcement[1] looks to Devuan's future and also to its
>beginnings in 2015.
>
>Debian is proceeding with a full implementation of the merged usr file
>structure[2] during this current testing cycle. In order to focus
>Devuan's
>available resources on our primary purpose regarding systemd, Devuan
>developers have decided it is in the project's best interest to
>implement
>the usrmerge.

Excellent priorities and use of resources! Usrmerge isn't that bad.
Even Void, which inits with runit, has Usrmerge, and nobody gripes.
Usrmerge requires an initramfs in many cases, but unfortunately
initramfs has become ubiquitous.

SteveT

Steve Litt

http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21