:: Re: [DNG] How to run Emby server on…
Author: Mario Marietto
To: dng@d404.nl
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] How to run Emby server on Devuan 5.
On this post :

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/121640-update-rcd-error-cannot-find-a-lsb-script-for-emby-server/

I found a workaround. I ran emby server like this :

# emby-server &

well,emby starts without giving errors,but unfortunately after sometime the
process is killed by some unknown reason. This method is not reliable. I've
checked if it was active from time to time and I see that it disappears
without a precise behavioral pattern. The same is happening choosing :

DAEMON=/opt/emby-server/bin/emby-server

This is what happens,in fact :

root@devuan-bunsen:/etc/init.d# service emby-server start
Starting emby-server daemon:root@devuan-bunsen:/etc/init.d# ps ax

0872 ?        Sl     0:00 /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer -programdata
/var/lib/emby -ffdetect /

but after some seconds :

root@devuan-bunsen:/etc/init.d# ps ax | grep emby
20888 pts/0    S+     0:00 grep emby

it is killed. Don't know why it is unable to stay on.

On Sun, Feb 18, 2024 at 1:58 PM dng@??? <dng@???> wrote:

> On 18-02-2024 12:39, Mario Marietto via Dng wrote:
>
> Hello.
>
> I see no more help from you. I'm having trouble fixing the script that
> should start the emby server as a daemon. Can someone help me further,if he
> / she can,to make it work,please ? thanks.
>
> On Fri, Feb 16, 2024 at 11:21 PM Mario Marietto <marietto2008@???>
> wrote:
>
>> maybe it does not work for this reason :
>>
>> root@devuan-bunsen:/opt/emby-server/system# ./EmbyServer
>>
>> Unhandled exception. System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load shared
>> library 'sqlite3' or one of its dependencies. In order to help diagnose
>> libsqlite3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory at
>> SQLitePCLEx.SQLite3Provider_sqlite3.NativeMethods.sqlite3_libversion_number()
>> at
>> SQLitePCLEx.SQLite3Provider_sqlite3.SQLitePCLEx.ISQLite3Provider.sqlite3_libversion_number()
>> at SQLitePCLEx.raw.SetProvider(ISQLite3Provider imp) at
>> EmbyServer.Program.Main(String[] args)
>> Aborted
>>
>> On Fri, Feb 16, 2024 at 10:38 PM Mario Marietto <marietto2008@???>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> root@devuan-bunsen:/etc/init.d# /etc/init.d/emby-server start
>>> Starting emby-server daemon:.
>>>
>>> root@devuan-bunsen:/etc/init.d# sudo lsof -i -P -n | grep LISTEN | grep
>>> 8086
>>> nothing
>>>
>>> root@devuan-bunsen:/etc/init.d# ps ax | grep emby
>>> 11329 pts/1    S+     0:00 grep emby