:: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2024-02-…
Author: Set (setto)" Hallströ
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2024-02-08
---------------------------------------
-- Devuan meet 2024-02-08 @20:30 UTC --
---------------------------------------

Present: golinux, setto, hendrik, fsmithred

Regrets:

Old Business
============

Xenguy
~~~~~~

- Setto, you mentioned something about T-shirts. Depending on what
this means, feel free to keep me posted, as I would happily add some
Devuan T-shirts to my collection : -)
- (setto) Plentyn and Adam are going to represent Devuan at Chemnitz
Linux Days with a Devuan booth (16-17 March, Chemnitz, Germany,
https://chemnitzer.linux-tage.de/2024/en/info). For the occasion they
will be selling t-shirts. Plentyn might show up tonight. If not I'll
see if it is possible to ship some.

golinux
~~~~~~~
- usrmerge statement:
https://pad.dyne.org/code/#/2/code/edit/ik8Knry4+PVQHkNrsoNqkSRi/
is ready to be added to:
https://git.devuan.org/devuan/documentation/src/branch/master/release-docs

and then linked to from Devuan channels-
www, dev1galaxy etc.

Hoping someone can please do the git upload as the little git fu that
I once possessed has evaporated from lack of use.

- @DelTomix . . . please pull the trigger on it! DONE!

(DelTomix)https://git.devuan.org/devuan/documentation/src/commit/1527b6fda4124b7127f7113e39782288b7979c69/release-docs/README_Excalibur-usermerge-status.md

- @Xenguy . . . please start seeding the link on www etc.

  - (hendrik) There shouldn't be any usrmerge problems with Daedalus
itself, should there?
    - (gl) The problem seems to be going from Daedalus to Excalibur and
until all packages are finally merged @Debian Trixie. But I personally
expect issues even after that because the merge was not very well
thought out and there will be corner cases.
    - (DelTomix) There should not be with Daedalus, but *maybe*
potential difficulty with backports or update limitations if newer
upstream versions use merged locations.

Old Actions
===========

New Business
============

New Actions
===========
- Post usrmerge link to www and elsewhere . . .

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣾⣿⣿⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⣶⣶⡄⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣀⠀⢹⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⣾⣿⣿⠃⠀⠀⠀