:: [DNG] beowulf to chimaera
Author: Wm. Moss
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] beowulf to chimaera
I have tried multiple times over the last few months, to upgrade my LAN
server. I keep the LAN server one release back for stability. In fact,
until Devuan, my LAN server ran freeBSD and prior to that, BSD 4.x.

In any case, I get the same error each time, dbus fails to initialize
after the
    apt-get upgrade
and 'No reboot is called for'.

I have tried fixing this with 'apt-get --fix-broken upgrade' , 'apt-get
--fix-broken update' and other suggestions from the install and Internet
searches. I can, of course, do a clean install and then spend 100 or so
hours customizing it to serve as the LAN server but this is not supposed
to be necessary.

System:

ASUS P8Z77-V Pro
latest firmware
I7 8core Gen 11
32GiB RAM
Seagate 1TiB 7200RPM SATA/6 boot drive

Suggestions

BTW:
Chimaera runs fine on a repurposed Dell 720 I5 quad core work station.

   --

William (Bill) Moss
bill.m.moss@???