:: [devuan-mirrors] Passing URL sanity…
Author: onefang
To: devuan-mirrors
Subject: [devuan-mirrors] Passing URL sanity. Was: My mirror is showing errors on apt-panopticon
On 2024-01-09 22:33:07, Jing Luo wrote:
> On 2024-01-09 11:08, onefang wrote:
> > [...]
> >
> > The odd thing is that I doubt if that is some sort of default setting on
> > any web server software, or even a setting at all that somehow lots of
> > mirror servers turned on. It's entirely possible it's some quirk of
> > rewrite rules. My own server passes that test, so I haven't
> > accidentally
> > stumbled across what would make Apache 2 do that. Other servers run on
> > other software, which I know less about.
> >
> > So it might crop up out in the wild, and there's no real reason NOT to
> > handle them. So can we get the admins of the servers that are failing
> > this test to have a look at their web server config and see if they can
> > spot what's going on? Maybe even share them here so we can all have a
> > look?
> >
> > Please? Thanks.
>
> repo.jing.rocks fails 4 URL sanity tests, all of which involves
> `debian-keyring_2023.09.24_all.deb`:
>
> http(s)://repo.jing.rocks/devuan///merged///pool///DEBIAN///main///d///debian-keyring///debian-keyring_2023.09.24_all.deb
>
> repo.jing.rocks passes all other sanity tests. This is because
> debian-keyring_2023.09.24_all.deb doesn't exist!!
>
> Yes, I checked my server, there is no `debian-keyring_2023.09.24_all.deb`
> under `/debian/pool/main/d/debian-keyring`. I checked my debian mirror
> upstream (mirror.accum.se), it doesn't exist there either. But when I run
> `curl -I -v http://deb.debian.org/debian/pool/main/d/debian-keyring/debian-keyring_2023.09.24_all.deb`,
> it returns 200 OK, probably because it is served by deb.debian.org varnish
> cache:

> Cache-Control: public, max-age=2592000
> Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2024 13:19:57 GMT
> Via: 1.1 varnish, 1.1 varnish
>
> So it would appear those servers redirecting debian packages to
> deb.debian.org would have no such error.

In the second half af the apt-panopticon output it includes which mirror
is redirecting to where.

> onefang, please change your script to test
> `debian-keyring_2023.12.24_all.deb` instead. Or, just HEAD the directory
> `debian-keyring`.
>
> --
> Jing Luo
> About me: https://jing.rocks/about/
> PGP Fingerprint: 4E09 8D19 00AA 3F72 1899 2614 09B3 316E 13A1 1EFC

I just updated the testing to debian-keyring_2023.09.24_all.deb and that
fixed a lot of them, including yours. So thanks for that.

Still five failing mirrors for this test, which I am stil investigating.
None of these failures are redirecting by the look of it. Though some of
the ones that did fail before that fix did redirect.