:: Re: [DNG] There seems to be some st…
Author: wirelessduck
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] There seems to be some strong disagreement in Debian regarding usrmerge
On 2023-12-31 19:00, Steve Litt wrote:

> So what is your solution?
>

> SteveT

I was hoping for s6-frontend[1] to appear soon so it would be easy to
write a direct translator from systemd declarative service files to s6
declarative service files[2]. This would likely solve the problem
quite quickly.

Unfortunately the speed of s6-frontend development appears to be
on-par with that of Duke Nukem Forever[3]. I do realise it's a one
man show for the s6 project so I can't expect miracles, but I'm just
hoping it won't be too late by the time it finally arrives. At least
we know when it does eventually appear it will be of the same high
quality as the existing s6 stack.

[1] https://skarnet.com/projects/s6/frontend/index.html
[2] https://skarnet.com/projects/s6/frontend/servicefiles.html
[3] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_Nukem_Forever#Development