著者: ael
To: dng
題目: [DNG] f2fs missing from the installer
I tried to install daedalus using
devuan_daedalus_5.0.0_amd64_desktop-live.iso.

I tried to use refracta to start an installation on an existing debian
machine with many discs. I added a new ssd and wanted to use that as
my devuan root.

Partioning failed because refracta insisted on invoking cfdisk on
/dev/sda which was completely the wrong place!. But I could
switch to a terminal and use fdisk directly on the new ssd.

I could set up a small swap partion manually. I wanted the rest of the
disc as an f2fs root partition for devuan. But there were no f2fs tools!
In these days of SSDs, surely a filesystem that is explicitly designed
for flash media, especially SSDs, should be there? it seems perverse
that it is not available.

I have now built an f2fs filesystem using the old debian system.

Now I turned to the installer devuan_daedalus_5.0.1_amd64_desktop.iso.
I have just loop-mounted it, and as far as I can see, there is no f2fs
support there either. I wanted to see
pool/DEBIAN/main/f/f2fs-tools/f2fs-tools_1.15.0-1_amd64.deb
or similar. Perhaps the installer would allow me to download that
during installation? I have not tried yet.

A long time ago, I knew how to build iso images, so I guess that
could collect a f2fs deb and add it into a new iso. If I had time...

Am I going to have more problems running devuan with an f2fs root?

Thanks for any help in anticipation.

ael