:: Re: [DNG] Cannot boot my server.
Pàgina inicial
Autor: wirelessduck
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Cannot boot my server.

> On 17 Dec 2023, at 15:45, Ludovic Bellière via Dng <dng@???> wrote:
>
> It really depends on whether the ISO comes with a bootloader. If that doesn't
> work, you may want to use specialized software instead, like Ventoy.
>
> See:
> * https://github.com/ventoy/Ventoy/releases See:
> * https://www.ventoy.net/en/doc_linux_gui.html
>

> Cheers,
>                Ludovic

Another vote for ventoy here. After spending many years constantly running dd to change the installed iso image on a usb stick, I tried ventoy recently and won’t go back. Just get a reasonably sized usb stick and install ventoy on it. It will create two partitions, one tiny one for ventoy itself and the other for iso and other files.

Loading multiple iso is as simple as mounting the second partition and copying in the iso file like you would any other file. Ventoy will then detect them all during boot and provide a nice boot menu to select from. You can even still use the second partition as a regular usb stick for other files.

Tom