:: Re: [DNG] Info about openvpn
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: tito
To: dng
Betreff: Re: [DNG] Info about openvpn
On Sun, 17 Dec 2023 06:19:38 -0600
o1bigtenor via Dng <dng@???> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 15, 2023 at 10:39 AM tito via Dng <dng@???> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> > while fiddling with my openvpn servers I noticed some info
> > that I report here in case it could be useful in future.
> > I've tested out of curiosity the community managed debian package
> > at https://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/wiki/OpenvpnSoftwareRepos
> > because it still ships with an init script and seems to be up to date
> > and works so far for me, as openvpn is a forked package
> > in devuan this could be an alternative source the keep some
> > burden off the shoulders of devuan devs.
> >

> (looking to understand rather than any other . . . )
>
> You're running Openvpn - - - is that because you have been running this
> for a while?
>
> Curious as to WireGuard - - - its the 'new kid on the block' but it also
> purports to be easier to set up. Have you looked at it to date?
>
> Comments - - - please ?

Hi,
I've tested it but did not resolve the issue I had with only one
machine not connecting to Win11 Remote desktop anymore
(while all other worked) maybe some NATting, routing , IP address
or openvpn version issue, that's why I looked to newer openvpn
versions . Seems to work again now so law of laziness prevailed.

Ciao,
Tito