:: [DNG] Info about openvpn
Pàgina inicial
Autor: tito
A: dng
Assumpte: [DNG] Info about openvpn
Hi,
while fiddling with my openvpn servers I noticed some info
that I report here in case it could be useful in future.
I've tested out of curiosity the community managed debian package
at https://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/wiki/OpenvpnSoftwareRepos
because it still ships with an init script and seems to be up to date
and works so far for me, as openvpn is a forked package
in devuan this could be an alternative source the keep some
burden off the shoulders of devuan devs.
Hope this helps.

Ciao,
Tito

Install instructions are:

Debian / Ubuntu: Using OpenVPN apt repositories

We maintain several OpenVPN (OSS) software repositories. To setup the repositories you need to change to the root user. Typically this is done using sudo:

$ sudo -s

Then import the public GPG key that is used to sign the packages:

# mkdir -p /etc/apt/keyrings # directory does not exist on older releases
# curl -fsSL https://swupdate.openvpn.net/repos/repo-public.gpg | gpg --dearmor > /etc/apt/keyrings/openvpn-repo-public.gpg

Next you need to create a sources.list fragment (as root) so that apt can find the new OpenVPN packages. One way to do it is this:

Where <arch> can be one of

    amd64
    arm64
    i386

Where <version> can be one of

    stable: stable releases only - no alphas, betas or RCs
    testing: latest releases, including alphas/betas/RCs
    release/2.3: OpenVPN 2.3 releases
    release/2.4: OpenVPN 2.4 releases, including alphas/betas/RCs
    release/2.5: OpenVPN 2.5 releases, including alphas/betas/RCs
    release/2.6: OpenVPN 2.6 releases, including alphas/betas/RCs

and <osrelease> depends your distribution:

    stretch (Debian 9.x)
    buster (Debian 10.x)
    bullseye (Debian 11.x)
    bookworm (Debian 12.x)