:: Re: [DNG] What is a user-init?
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Alexandros Prekates
A: dng
Cc: Alexandros Prekates
Asunto: Re: [DNG] What is a user-init?
I think an admin should not run services for himself.

An admin should create-setup-maintain a certain system that
it offer services to its users.

An admin run service could be seen as extending the kernel
functionality extending the userland - system interface.

So a user should use a web server (offering a certain dir to public
interet access). An admin of a system should not. In that context maybe
there is not need for a user init in the sense that a user
could not create services using resources not offered by the
system .

On the other hand we could in theory imangine LUIS (Light
User Init Supervisor) if a user could run services inside
the general service space supported by the OS+init system.

So in my initial emacs-server issue i think it definately
falls into the LUIS space.

The question then could be is dbus adequate to handle LUIS
space ?

Alexandros.