:: [devuan-dev] bug#814: SDDM is missi…
Author: Jeff Sacksteder
To: submit
Subject: [devuan-dev] bug#814: SDDM is missing background image in default install
Package: sddm
Version: sddm/stable,now 0.19.0-5

In the current release of Daedelus, SDDM fails to find the default theme
background image (per syslog). I'm using KDE.

sddm-greeter:
CODE_FILE=file:///usr/share/sddm/themes/breeze/Background.qml:CODE_LINE=21:unknown:file:///usr/share/sddm/themes/breeze/Background.qml:21:5:
QML Image: Cannot open:
file:///usr/share/desktop-base/active-theme/login/background.svg

So it then shows the sddm screen with white text on a white background. If
you have more than desktop user account, all you see is multiple copies of
the default user ico and a password box.

It's not obvious to me if this is due to a package missing due to a
dependency or a problem in sddm or KDE or in the breeze theme package.

The SDDM configurator in KDE looks weird, so maybe it's a problem with the
upstream debian KDE theme? If I manually set it to the one that has the
background displayed, it works as expected. But it looks like Debian has
two 'adapted' themes that are broken?

[image: image.png]