:: Re: [DNG] (runit) Can emacs daemon …
Author: Lorenz
To: Alexandros Prekates
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] (runit) Can emacs daemon become a user service ?
Hi,

Il giorno gio 7 dic 2023 alle ore 16:35 Alexandros Prekates via Dng
<dng@???> ha scritto:

[...]
> I get a strange feeling thought. If runit and dbus could overlap (in
> service management) then that overlap is contained only in user land
> or someone could think to go the other way and say lets use dbus to
> control cron or apache or sshd ?

It's already like that, althought I think is restricted to certain services that
needs to be connected to dbus. Think of polkitd, udisks, upowerd.
In fact you have a system wide instance of dbus and a user instance.
However dbus is not a proper service manager, but it's filling the gap
for non systemd users so we keep it as long as there is no better
alternative around.