:: [DNG] No disk booty driver Re: My …
Author: terryc
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] No disk booty driver Re: My thoughts on usr merge
On Thu, 30 Nov 2023 21:13:39 -0500
Steve Litt <slitt@???> wrote:

> The opposite. I'm saying that a merged system MUST HAVE an initramfs
> in order to correctly boot, unless the kernel has the driver for your
> boot disk compiled in.

Do you meant that the system runs on old depreciated hardware(driver
dropped) or that it runs on some 'uniquish/very uncommon hardware that
isn't already loaded into the kernel (shades of olde time when you ran
a config and compile script on your kernel sources to get the kernel you
wantedto use.).

Having an initramfs and ide/sata/SDD hardware, I wont be expecting any problems. Hmm, might have to finally move the
mail server off its scsi hard disk