:: Re: [DNG] runit 2.1.2-54+usrmerge: …
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Svante Signell
A: Martin Steigerwald, dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] runit 2.1.2-54+usrmerge: usrmerge becoming mandatory for Devuan?
On Sun, 2023-11-26 at 12:11 +0100, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> Joel Roth via Dng - 26.11.23, 12:01:43 CET:
>

> Now what I would like to have confirmation whether I have to usr-
> merge my Devuan Ceres systems in order to continue for them to boot
> or whether that note is just for Debian users.

Hopefully your system will continue to work fine without usrmerge.

> I am not willing to do the usr-merge if its not strictly necessary,
> but if necessary I will do it.

Neither do I.

> Right now this laptop with Devuan Ceres still boots okay without
> having been usr-merged. I just don't want to risk having an
> unbootable system, so if Devuan is not continuing to provide for the
> ability to have the system unmerged, I will merge them.

I'll try to convince the Deuvuan maintainers to keep usrmerge out of
the distributions! If needed I'll step in to help fork Debian packages.

> I expect that to be the case, but before I do a merge, a confirmation
> that it is necessary for Devuan Ceres would be nice. And again: I
> understand it. I bet it would be way too much work to divert here.

I'm happily running Daedalus on several boxes and laptops,
without usrmerge. Don't know too much about Ceres though.

Is runit a Debian package or forked by Debvuan?