:: [DNG] runit 2.1.2-54+usrmerge: usrm…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Martin Steigerwald
À: Devuan ML
Sujet: [DNG] runit 2.1.2-54+usrmerge: usrmerge becoming mandatory for Devuan?
Hi!

I just upgrade to runit 2.1.2-54+usrmerge on Devuan Ceres and it gave me
the following output:

Vorbereitung zum Entpacken von .../20-runit_2.1.2-54+usrmerge_amd64.deb
=== WARNING ===
unmerged system detected via /sbin
warning: unmerged systems will fail to boot very soon
due to /[s]bin/ directories becoming empty!!
please merge this system as soon as possible
for details refer to DEP17 (M2) documentation
https://subdivi.de/~helmut/dep17.html
runit: switching /etc/service to current... done

The link goes to a quite complex document with lots of technical details,
so just asking here:

Do I need to merge usr on my Devuan Ceres systems in order to prevent boot
them failing *very soon*. Or is that hint only aimed at Debian users?

I do not really like how merging usr is done in Debian by sym-linking
directories¹, but if its needed, I will do it, cause I like my Devuan
Ceres systems continue to boot.

At least I can still run runit instead of systemd.

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Dpkg/MergedUsr

Ciao,
--
Martin