:: Re: [DNG] runit 2.1.2-54+usrmerge: …
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Steve Litt
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] runit 2.1.2-54+usrmerge: usrmerge becoming mandatory for Devuan?
Lorenz via Dng said on Mon, 27 Nov 2023 02:24:43 +0100

>Stive Litt wrote :
>> I'm pretty sure if worst came to worst you could install runit by the
>> old ./configure;make;make-install route, and it will work just fine
>> with or without the merge, forever.
>right now, it really won't work

I'm working on other stuff now and don't have the time to verify that
the UPSTREAM Runit will work just fine with everything in /usr/bin,
assuming a very few things are changed in scripts 1, 2 and 3.

Besides, if you have /sbin ==> /usr/sbin , why would a shebang with
/sbin fail? If need be, it's trivial to put /sbin and /bin on the
executable path, and /lib on the library selection tree.

If you're not worried about runlevels and all that nonsense, it's
pretty easy to install the UPSTREAM runit on any system with ordinary
configure, make and make install. And you wouldn't need all those silly
symlinks that Void Linux encumbers you with.

SteveT

Steve Litt

http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21