:: Re: [DNG] email programs (??right w…
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Steve Litt
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: dng
Uudet otsikot: [DNG] Was thinking of ht-dig Re: email programs (??right word??)
Aihe: Re: [DNG] email programs (??right word??)
terryc said on Sat, 25 Nov 2023 17:17:11 +1100

>What the problem is that there is no overall archiving system that
>makes all this information searchable. What was that FOSS programm
>that sucked up all your lists and provided a searchable web portal.I
>had to shut mine down as it needed an easyway to mangle all the
>collected email addresses.

One search mechanism is doveadm search:

[slitt@mydesk flex]$ doveadm search mailbox dng from terryc
Error: net_connect_unix(/var/run/dovecot/stats-writer) failed:
Permission denied
c8c8a4141115e2541f350000b22befbd 32577
c8c8a4141115e2541f350000b22befbd 32580
c8c8a4141115e2541f350000b22befbd 32584
c8c8a4141115e2541f350000b22befbd 32585
[slitt@mydesk flex]$

So it found four emails from terryc in the dng mailbox.

I'm sure there's a way to have it pull up headers and bodies, but I
haven't found that yet. In practice I do searches using my email client
search facility on my Dovecot IMAP server.

SteveT

Steve Litt

http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21