:: Re: [DNG] email programs (??right w…
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: al3xu5
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: dng
Aihe: Re: [DNG] email programs (??right word??)
Thu, 23 Nov 2023 08:38:18 -0600 - o1bigtenor via Dng <dng@???>:

> Quite a number of years ago it was recommended to me that I use claws
> to work on my emails.

I've been using it for a few years, with total satisfaction.
I also certainly recommend it.

> I haven't switched because I'm not sure if claws will support both
> receiving from and sending as for a fairly large number of email
> addresses ( think I'm close to about 10).

Sure it supports them.
I have configured a dozen addresses, I actively use eight of them.

> Looking for recommendations for email - - - - dunno the right word - -
> - programs where I can read, write, send and receive emails. I have
> been looking into setting up a domain so that I can reduce possible mz
> googly's tentacles but although I have the domain(s) I don't have
> either hosting nor a server setup.

It would be a big step forward.

But it's not exactly simple. If you allow me, I suggest you evaluate before
switching to more "respectful" providers, avoiding g email boxes (and any
other g service).

I like those free of cost:

- Posteo
https://posteo.de/en
- Tuta free encrypted email.
https://tuta.com/
- Proton Mail
https://proton.me/mail
- Disroot
https://disroot.org/en/services/email

Or, with a minimal annual cost, I reccomend Runbox, which I think is really
excellent: https://runbox.com/
Runbox also let you using your own domain
(see: https://help.runbox.com/email-hosting/)

Regards
alexus

--
Property is theft! (P-J Proudhon) -- True today more than ever.

Public GPG/PGP key: 8FC2 3121 2803 86E9 F7D8 B624 DA50 835B 2624 A36B