:: Re: [DNG] email programs (??right w…
Author: o1bigtenor
To: Arnt Karlsen
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] email programs (??right word??)
On Thu, Nov 23, 2023 at 12:32 PM Arnt Karlsen <arnt@???> wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Nov 2023 19:10:10 +0100, Arnt wrote in message
> <20231123191010.18d7abad@dvn>:
>
> > On Thu, 23 Nov 2023 08:38:18 -0600, o1bigtenor wrote in message
> > <CAPpdf59VwZBsRBZDYrLimCvw0cHRVaM2mJ+VPYVe1_iUjSEeig@???>:
> >
> > > Greetings
> > >
> > > Quite a number of years ago it was recommended to me that I use
> > > claws to work on my emails.
> > >
> > > I haven't switched because I'm not sure if claws will support both
> > > receiving from
>
> ..er, I did miss this, yes, it can do that, and you've done enough
> emailing to learn why you don't want that mess. It can even sort
> your email tree if you wanna try the email client lock-in gamble.

I use the different addresses to create some anonymity and also
keep things separated (different addresses for different things that
I do/am interested in - - - that kind of thing) - - - - I can be found
just using my first name - - - - which is great if you like a 5' dia
target on your butt but if you don't - - - - well - - - its just no fun!!!!

> ..if you find good old fetchmail, procmail feeding your MH tree, too
> old fashion, there are newer toys out there, e.g. getmail, maildrop,
> and you can also feed all your email into your own database setup.
> I've not tested any of these new toys.

The is where I really don't know squat about what I need to do.

So besides claws I will need to set up fetchmail and procmail - - - do I
understand that correctly?

If I set up a hosted domain will I be able to set that up as an email
recipient (group) for my addresses?

Sorry - - - I just beat these things to death (lots of fun that!) but have
only started my 'peeking' under the hood!

Thanks for the ideas!!!

TIA