:: Re: [DNG] Internet connectivity iss…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Steve Litt
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Internet connectivity issues and browsers
Hendrik Boom said on Fri, 10 Nov 2023 23:27:34 -0500

>On Thu, Nov 09, 2023 at 08:45:39PM -0500, Steve Litt wrote:
>

>> To rule out DNS over HTTPS, just install unbound on your computer.
>> This is really the way to go anyway.
>
>I've thought of doing this, but then I ralised I also have an
>authoritativ DNS server on my main machine for the topoi.pooq domain
>and for the pooq.com domain.

First, congratulations on having an all alpha, no numeric four
character .com 2nd level domain. Closes thing I have is a3b3.com, but
that's got numbers.

>In
>https://unbound.docs.nlnetlabs.nl/en/latest/manpages/unbound.html it
>says:
>    If authoritative DNS is needed as well using nsd(8), careful setup
> is required because authoritative nameservers and resolvers are using
> the same port number (53).

>Kind of dicouraging.

Not at all. You just use different IP addresses. One or both is an
alias of the server's IP address. For instance, my desktop computer is
192.168.0.2, but the unbound server on that same desktop uses the alias
IP address of 192.168.0.102 . Obviously your nsd auth server would need
to be on an IP address reachable from the Internet, but your unbound
just needs to be in your LAN's subnet.

SteveT

Steve Litt

http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21