:: Re: [DNG] Internet connectivity iss…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Hendrik Boom
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Internet connectivity issues and browsers
On Thu, Nov 09, 2023 at 08:45:39PM -0500, Steve Litt wrote:

> To rule out DNS over HTTPS, just install unbound on your computer. This
> is really the way to go anyway.

I've thought of doing this, but then I ralised I also have an authoritativ DNS server on my main machine for the topoi.pooq domain and for the pooq.com domain.
In https://unbound.docs.nlnetlabs.nl/en/latest/manpages/unbound.html it says:
    If authoritative DNS is needed as well using nsd(8), careful setup is required because authoritative nameservers and resolvers are using the same port number (53).

Kind of dicouraging.

Anyway, if the browser decides to use DNS over HTTOS, how would unound know about it> Browser is liekly just sending out another https: request. It does that all the time even when it's not doing DNS over HTTPS: requests.

-- hendrik