:: Re: [DNG] IPv6 slow on one of my Li…
Author: Gregory Nowak
To: Michael S. Keller via Dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] IPv6 slow on one of my Linux hosts
On Fri, Nov 10, 2023 at 09:11:57PM -0600, Michael S. Keller via Dng wrote:
> From the log, it looks like TP-Link may use some variant of
> OpenWRT, as there is a sign that it contains the Luci administration tool.

Not surprised. Most if not all TP-Link routers seem to use an older
version of OpenWRT. That may prove useful in diagnosing this from the
gateway end if you're able to get SSH access to the OpenWRT console.

> As for using Wireshark, I can see when a big transfer stalls, but am not
> sure what useful bits to glean from the results. When a big Samba file
> transfer stalls, I see IPv6 router advertisements and a bunch of other
> stuff. Eventually there's a TCP reset, and soon after the file transfer
> resumes.

Can you install ndisc6 on this host if you don't have it installed
already? What do you get if you run:

rdisc6 ethx

when the connection times out, where ethx is your network interface?

Greg

--
web site: http://www.gregn.net
skype: gregn1